Lowell Park is a 200-acre woodland along the Rock River, it has beautiful scenic drives, hiking trails, dedicated natural area, picnic shelters, nature center, playgrounds, boat access of which are handicap accessible, and great fishing spots. Lowell Park is one of many parks in the Dixon Park District in Dixon, Illinois.
- Foot traffic is allowed from 6:00 AM till 11:00 PM.
- Park gates will be open from 6:00 AM till 9:00 PM.
- Non-motorized use of Lowell Park 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Know Before You Go
- Stick to Trails
- Trash Your Trash
- Pick Up Poop
- Leave it as You Find it
- Be Careful with Fire
- Keep Wildlife Wild
- Share Your Trails and Manage Your Pet
RONALD REAGAN AT LOWELL PARK
This park is on the National Register of Historic places. President Ronald Reagan spent his summers here as a lifeguard and reminisced on how much influence the experiences here had on him.
Alcohol is prohibited in the park
- Motorized vehicles are restricted to the roadways and parking lots only.
- Bicycles are welcome on the roadways, the IC Rail Trail, and the Lowell Park Bike Trail at Lowell Park. Bicyclists should follow the rules of the road.
- NO bicycle traffic is allowed on designated hiking trails.
- Snowmobiles are prohibited on park roads and trails unless posted.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- Following a storm, the gates may remain closed until staff clears parking areas and roadways.
Camping is prohibited at Lowell Park
Dogs are welcome at Lowell Park as long as they are leashed and in control of the handler. Dogs are not allowed in the playground areas for health and safety reasons.
Please practice Leave No Trace Principles by cleaning up after your pet, i.e. removing all waste from the site and taking it with you.
- Fires are restricted to grills or fire rings.
- Please make certain your fire is out cold before departing.
- Charcoal grills are provided at each of the picnic shelters
Smoking is prohibited in all Dixon Park District parks
The speed limit is 15 mph, unless otherwise posted.
Restrooms There are flush toilets at Ruth Edwards Nature Center available to use during nature center hours. There are non-flushing toilets at the bottom of Lowell Park- they are seasonal and are open Spring through Fall.
Shelters at Lowell Park
|Lions Shelter||16||Fireplace and Grill||Yes||Yes|
|Reagan Bathhouse||8||Refrigerator||Yes &Ceiling Fan||Yes|